Trading Terms www.gwdoling.co.uk
On-Line Shop Trading Terms and Conditions.
These terms and conditions apply to the use of our website and by placing an order you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights that you have as a consumer under any applicable law or other statuatory rights.
Housewares. Garden Tool. & Chandlery. Departments.
- Delivery is by our nominated carrier.. Items from housewares, garden tools and marine departments will be from our warehouse stock and should therefore be delivered to you in around 2-4 working days dependant upon your geographical location. If you have not received your goods within 5 working days please e-mail or telephone us.All parcels are tracked. We monitor stock levels and it will be rare that an item is unavailable, should this be the case we will inform you and you may opt for a full refund or have the item placed on back order. Should you not be at home when the carrier delivers, they will put a card through your letterbox for you to contact them and arrange a delivery day. You may specify an alternative delivery address to your billing address if this is easier for you. All deliveries have to be signed for. Please check deliveries for damage at the time of delivery. Should there be damage you must inform us by E-Mail, fax or phone within 24 hours and we will deal with the problem for you.
Incorrect or unsuitable goods
- We hope you will be happy with your goods but we will accept the return of any UNUSED items within 14 days of purchase, provided that they are returned in their original packaging with all labels still attached.
- We will not be held liable for the loss in transit of any returned item(s). You the customer is responsible for appropriately packaging the goods before returning them to us and we advise you to ensure the products are adequately insured during any return journey. We would also advise you to use recorded delivery or Special Delivery if you are unable to deliver the products personally.
- Returns cannot be accepted unless they contain the original order number and documentation to allow us to trace the original transaction.
- Return the item at your own cost & we will ensure we make a refund to you within 30 days of the date of cancellation. If we have not received the item, or if you wish us to collect the item we reserve the right to deduct the cost of collecting the item before making a refund. Either way all you pay is the cost of the return delivery
- For your own protection we advise you to use a secure delivery service which requires a signature upon delivery. Where you are cancelling your purchase within the seven working days cooling-off period; unwanted goods will be refunded less postage charges paid provided they are returned unused and in their original condition . Any part use of a product will incur a deduction from the final refund amount. Refunds will be made to the original payment card within 30 days of receipt.
- Most machines are deliverd under the same terms and conditions as housewares and garden tools. . Again we would ask that items are checked for damage as no claims will be entertained at a later date. Should there be damage please inform us by E-Mail within 24 hours and we will deal with the problem for you. In the case of major damage please refuse the delivery. We monitor stock levels and it will be rare that an item is unavailable, should this be the case we will inform you and you may opt for a full refund or have the item placed on back order.
- All goods must be paid for in full before despatch. by one of the following methods :-
- By credit or debit card. Visa, Maestro, Switch, Solo. For security reasons after completing your order you will be transfered by a Secure Socket Layer SSL to our processing by Sagepay site to enter payment details. The SSL encrypts all information disclosed and ensures your details are not accessible by any third parties. Payments are processed by Sagepay who will make several security checks and process the monies for your order. Confirmation will be sent to you by E-Mail. You must have cookies in your browser to use this facility. Cookies are used by most web traders and are safe.
- We reserve the right to refuse any transaction which does not meet with Sagepay security and fraud checking.
- If you prefer not to use on-line payment you can telephone the shop with your order and card etails. Security checks will be made by Sagepay and we reserve the right to refuse any transaction which does not meet with Sagepay security and fraud checking.
- Alternative to the above. You can print off your order and send it by post to our shop address :-
- Please enclose a cheque with your order ( do not send cash in the post ). Around 7 working days will be required for your cheque to clear before goods are despatched.
- We select out products carefully for value and durability, however sometimes things can go wrong. If so please note the following terms :-
Housewares, Garden Tools.
- During the first 28 days of ownership if a fault occurs please contact us and we will arrange for collection of the faulty item and issue a replacement. After 28 days to 1 year please contact us and we will arrange warranty with the manufacturer.. Goods with extended manufacturer guarantees over 1 year, please refer to the manufacturer as per their terms.
- Important Note.
- Petrol smaller machines are supplied with either 2 or 4 stroke oil. It is your responsibility to read the instructions and prepare 2 stroke mix, or fill the oil sump on 4 stoke machines. Some assembly of minor parts such as grassbox & handles will have to be done by you. Claims for damage arising from lack of lubrication will not be considered at all.
- All brands supplied have their own service network. In the unlikly event of any problems after 30 days please contact your nearest service agent. If the machine is returned to us for warranty work after 30 dats from purchase it will be at your responsibility and cost.
- G-W-Doling & Son do not operate a try before you buy scheme. If a machine is returned to us used a 20% re-stock charge will be levied. Please check dimensions and specifications carefully before ordering. We will be pleased to help and advise by telephone if required. Tel 01229 823708 . Shop Hours.
Canoes & Inflatables. Outboard motors.
- All Outboard brands supplied have their own service network. In the unlikly event of any problems after 30 days please contact your nearest service agent. If the motor is returned to us for warranty work after 30 days from purchase it will be at your responsibility and cost.
- Inflatables & canoes, please phone or email stating problem and your invoice number from us ( not the sagepay reference) and we will contact you.. If the canoe is returned to us for warranty work after 30 days from purchase it will be at your responsibility and cost.
Right for you to Cancel Your Contract.
- You have the right to cancel your contract with us for the goods you ordered at any time up to the seventh working day from the date you receive confirmation of payment for your order.
- To cancel your contract you must notify us in writing or by E-mail at our address.
- If you have already received the goods before you cancel your your contract you must return the goods unused in their original packaging to our address, or an address specified by us at your own cost and risk.
- Once you have notified us of contract cancellation any monies debited by us from your credit or debit card will be re-credited to your account.If you have paid by cheque we will issue a company cheque to you. We must recieve the goods before credit can be issued.
- If you do not return the goods delivered to you , or do not pay the carriage costs, we shall deduct the cost of carriage from the amount credited to you.
Cancellation by G-W-Doling & Son.
- If we have an out of stock situation, or furrther supplies are not available.
- If the goods are not available for delivery to your Post Code.
- If the address does not pass our security checks
- If our payment partner Sagepay indicates the fraudulent use of a credit or debit card.
- If your cheque does not clear the banking system.
- If we cancel your contract because of an out of stock situation , we will re-credit your account or issue a cheque. We will not offer any compensation for any disappointment or distress caused.
Errors & Ommisions.
- We are not just a web site, we are also a long established company (1871) with shop, showrooms and workshops. We care about our customers and attempt to make sure that all information on our web site is accurate. However mistakes can happen, we are all human after all. We will not be held liable for any errors or ommisions, we will correct any as quickly as we can. If you see one please let us know. If you think we are wrong and are unsure of a specification please ask and we will provide the correct answer for you.
- Photographs and illustrations are as accutate as possible to give a reasonable idea of the goods. They do not form part of the purchase contract.
- Product listings and specifications may change without notice.
- G-W-Doling & Son will not disclose any information to third parties except Sagepay for payment and delivery carriers for delivery to your address.
- We do not hold any electronic records of your card details
- We will hold your name, address, e-mail and telephone number on our invoice records for reference purposes only.
- We do not sell lists of addresses to third parties. We respect your privacy.
- Sagepay will have have privy to your financial information.
Copyright(c) G-W-Doling & Son 2012